On the house : a Washington memoir / John Boehner.
View other formats and editions
- 25 of 38 copies available at Bibliomation.
- 1 of 2 copies available at Milford Public Library. (Show)
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Milford Public Library||328.73 B (Text to phone)||34013150194291||Adult New Nonfiction||Available||-|
|Milford Public Library||328.73 B (Text to phone)||34013150196833||Adult New Nonfiction||Checked out||08/18/2021|
|Bentley Memorial Library - Bolton||328.73 [B] Boe (Text to phone)||33160148505632||Adult New Nonfiction||Available||-|
|Bethel Public Library||NEW B BOEHNER (Text to phone)||34030148197640||Adult New Biography||Available||-|
|Brookfield Library||921/BOEHNER (Text to phone)||34029146693295||Adult New Nonfiction||Available||-|
|Burroughs-Saden Main - Bridgeport||B BOEHNER (Text to phone)||34000148011158||Adult New Biography||Available||-|
|C.H. Booth Library - Newtown||B BOEHNER (Text to phone)||34014150090992||Adult New Biography||Available||-|
|David M. Hunt Library - Falls Village||B BOEHNER (Text to phone)||33180141825019||Adult New Nonfiction||Checked out||08/10/2021|
|Derby Public Library||B BOE (Text to phone)||34047150109958||Adult Biography||On holds shelf||-|
|Douglas Library of Hebron||328.73 BOEHNER (Text to phone)||33400148840054||Adult New Nonfiction||Checked out||08/07/2021|
|Next 10 »|
- ISBN: 1250238447 : HRD
- ISBN: 9781250238443 : HRD
- ISBN: 9781250238443
- ISBN: 1250238447
- Physical Description: pages cm
- Publisher: New York : St. Martin's Press, 2021.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
The Art of (Real) Power -- Cheaper by the Dozen -- Smoke-Filled Rooms -- Gerry, Jerry, and Me -- Bull Balls and Bailouts -- Mayor of Crazytown -- Deep State Delusions -- Alligators, Not Enemies -- America, from Inside and Out -- Epilogue: Into the Sunset.
"A memoir by former speaker of the house John Boehner"-- Provided by publisher.
Search for related items by subject
On the House : A Washington Memoir
Click an element below to view details:
On the House : A Washington Memoir
* INSTANT #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER * #1 WALL STREET JOURNAL BESTSELLER * "A rollicking, foil-mouthed" [memoir]....Boehner has delivered a classic Washington "tell-all," albeit one with his typical jocular style." - - The Washington Post Former Speaker of the House John Boehner shares colorful tales from the halls of power, the smoke-filled rooms around the halls of power, and his fabled tour bus. John Boehner is the last of a breed. At a time when the arbiters of American culture were obsessing over organic kale, cold-pressed juice, and SoulCycle, the man who stood second in line to the presidency was unapologetically smoking Camels, quaffing a glass of red, and hitting the golf course whenever he could. There could hardly have been a more diametrically opposed figure to represent the opposition party in President Barack Obama's Washington. But when Boehner announced his resignation, President Obama called to tell the outgoing Speaker that he'd miss him. "Mr. President," Boehner replied, "yes you will." He thought of himself as a "regular guy with a big job," and he enjoyed it. In addition to his own stories of life in the swamp city and of his comeback after getting knocked off the leadership ladder, Boehner offers his impressions of leaders he's met and what made them successes or failures, from Ford and Reagan to Obama, Trump, and Biden. He shares his views on how the Republican Party has become unrecognizable today; the advice--some harsh, some fatherly--he dished out to members of his own party, the opposition, the media, and others; and his often acid-tonguedcomments about his former colleagues. And of course he talks about golfing with five presidents. Through Speaker Boehner's honest and self-aware reflections, you'll be reminded of a time when the adults were firmly in charge.